Followers

Monday 2 June 2014

BOB HOPE.

On his death  bed they asked him where he wanted to be buried and he said.  "Surprise me."
 Enjoy.  Do you remember Bob Hope?  You'll enjoy this.

I had  forgotten that he lived to be 100, and also didn't realize  it has been over  10 years since he died.
Always enjoyed  him, his movies, and his show. He touched a lot of lives  during his life.
Thought you might enjoy a bit of memory  touching, so sent it along to you.
Enjoy and recall a neat  comedian.
BOB HOPE IN  HEAVEN

For  those of you too young to remember Bob Hope, ask your Grandparents and thanks for the memories. WHAT A WONDERFUL  E-MAIL.
 I  HOPE THIS WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND IN YOUR HEART.  This is a tribute to a man who DID make a  difference.


ON TURNING  70
'I still  chase women, but only downhill.'

ON TURNING 80
'That's the time of your life  when even your birthday suit needs  pressing.'

ON TURNING 90
'You know you're getting old  when the candles cost more than the  cake.'

ON TURNING  100
'I don't  feel old. In fact, I don't feel anything untilnoon.  Then it's time for my nap.'

ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER,  BOXING
'I  ruined my hands in the ring. The referee kept stepping on  them.'

ON NEVER WINNING AN  OSCAR
'Welcome to the Academy Awards,  or, as it's called at my home, 'Passover.'

ON GOLF
'Golf is my profession. Show  business is just to pay the green fees.'

ON PRESIDENTS
'I have performed for 12  presidents but entertained only six.'

ON WHY HE  CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER
'When I was born, the doctor  said to my mother, Congratulations, you have an eight  pound ham.'

ON  RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL  GOLD MEDAL 'I feel very humble,  but I think I have the strength of character to fight  it.'

ON HIS FAMILY'S EARLY  POVERTY
'Four of us slept in  the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another  brother.'

ON HIS SIX  BROTHERS
'That's how I  learned to dance. Waiting for the  bathroom.'

ON HIS EARLY  FAILURES
'I would not have  had anything to eat if it wasn't for the stuff the audience  threw at me.'

ON GOING TO  HEAVEN
'I've done benefits  for ALL religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter
on a  technicality.'  

 Give me a sense of humor Lord, give  me the grace to see a joke, to get some humor out of life, and  pass it on to other folk.

To the person receiving  this, give them the grace to pass it on to  others.





1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Awesome inspiration my friend. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}