Followers

Tuesday 7 February 2012

OUR USA HIPPO.

Another Son:  Richy, a week-old hippo washed away from his mother during January's flooding in Limpopo, with his new 'dad' Tony Joubert.  The newborn was adopted by Tony and his wife, Shirley, a week ago after being discovered under a pile of debris on the couple's farm near Hoedspruit.  Richy, who needs 3 litres of milk a day, has been named in honour of US millionaire Richard Baron Cohen, who had donated money for the baby's upkeep.  Baron Cohen is also godfather to the Jouberts' other hippo 'daughter' , Jessica. 

I snagged this from the Sunday Times and the picture was taken by Simphiwe Nkwali.


I wised he had washed up in our garden,  I love hippos so much, even though they kill more people in Africa than any other animal.   Unbelievable is'nt it.  

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Aaah Richie is adorable and a very lucky hippo.

Anonymous said...

I've been hunting through the Sunday Times online to try to find this picture of Tony Joubert and Richy. And then I tried Google and here it is!!! Thank you for publishing it on your blog. It is beautiful and I wish Richy much love and luck in his new life.