COFFEE – BRANDY CAKE
3 cups sugar (I use about 2) 3 cups warm water
3 desert spoons of coffee powder 5 desert spoons of brandy
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Cook together for 5 minutes.
4 eggs 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
1 cup sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour quarter cup of warm water
3 tablespoons butter 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 teaspoon salt quarter cup of milk
1. Mix eggs and sugar well together;
2. Melt butter and add milk, water, coffee powder and vanilla essence;
3. Sift dry ingredients together;
4. Add to egg mixture;
5. Add butter mixture and
6. Mix well.
Pour into oven baking pan – (well greased) and bake for approx. 20- 30mins until cooked @ 180 degrees.
Take out of oven and prick holes in the cooked cake with a knife and whilst it is
still hot – pour the syrup over and let it soak. Leave to cool down.
1. Spread one tin of caramel condensed milk over the cake;
2. Mix 1 packet of butterscotch or caramel instant pudding powder with 1 cup of cold milk. Let it stand to set. (in fridge if you like);
3. Beat 500ml fresh cream until stiff;
4. Mix pudding into cream and spread over cake.
Sprinkle with peppermint chocolate or flake or whatever and ENJOY!!
My goodness this does sound good, not for the faint hearted, or the kids.